Gunnison Sportsmen’s Association Range Rules and Regulations
- A member must be present at all times.
- Observe ALL safety rules.
- Cost for the trap and skeet ranges is $4.00 per 25 birds for members and $5.00 per nonmember. Punch cards for 10 rounds with an 11th round for free are sold for $40 and $50 respectively. Shooters must supply their own ammunition.
- Cost for the USPSA events is $15/match for members and $20/match for nonmembers. Shooters must supply their own ammunition.
- Cost for 3-gun event matches is the same as USPSA above. Shooters must supply their own ammunition.
- Cost for Steel Challenge events is the same as USPSA above except that youth (under 18) and Women is $5/match. Shooters must supply their own ammunition.
- Cost for Bullseye events is $5/weekly match for members and $10/match for nonmembers. Ammo cost is in addition to match fee. GSA has CCI Std Vel .22LR for $4/box
- Daily cost for Indoor pistol range is $1.00 per member and $2.00 per nonmember.
- Daily cost for Outdoor pistol range, Rifle range, and Outdoor all-purpose range is $10.00 for nonmembers per shooting day.
- Use only target frames provided and place them in the proper holders.
- Use only paper product target, to be provided by the shooters, on the rifle and pistol ranges.
- Bowling pins or metal plates will only be allowed on the outdoor all-purpose range, when no other range is in use.
- All shooting will be from the designated firing points.
- No center fire rifles will be allowed on the Indoor range or the Outdoor pistol range.
- No solid projectiles will be fired on the Trap and Skeet ranges.
- Be aware of any activity on the other ranges.
- No jacketed bullets over 1200 fps are allowed on the Indoor range.
- Clean up the ranges after you use them.
- If you turn on any power or lights, turn it off after you are done using it.
- Chairpersons will be responsible for scheduling organized activities and providing a range officer for such activities.
- Some ranges may be closed to facilitate special events and matches.
- If a member wants to sight in a rifle during Sight-In-Days they MUST pay the fee.
- Some ranges require a key for access (trap, skeet, indoor pistol). Use of those ranges requires authorization of the range chairperson.
- If a Range Officer is not provided, any member present may act as range officer.
- Range Officers, whether they are appointed by the Chair-person or self-appointed, will be responsible for enforcing all the Range Rules and Regulations.
- Members are NOT permitted to give out the gate combination to any non-members.
- Violations of any of the Range Rules and Regulations can result in disciplinary actions up to and including revocation of membership. Non-members can face civil liabilities and/or criminal charges.
Club Meetings Every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Annual Club Meeting 3rd Tuesday of February 7:00 p.m.
Please download the pdf of the Membership Application and submit it to the Association for review to become a member. For an escorted review of the ranges, including operation of air exchange and heating equipment of the indoor pistol range, contact Rick Odom at 970-964-7952.
President: Steve Bathje
Vice President: Johnnie Walker
Secretary: Annette Fry
Treasurer: Don Simillion