Gunnison Sportsmen’s Association Range Rules and Regulations
- A GSA Club member must be present at all times.
- Observe ALL safety rules.
- ALL members and guests, must sign in on the signup sheet provided at each range.
- No alcohol or drugs allowed.
- Use only target frames provided and place them in the proper holders.
- Use only paper product target, to be provided by the shooters, on the rifle and pistol ranges.
- All shooting should be from the designated firing points.
- No targets or shooting objects are permitted on any of the concrete walls or walkways.
- No center fire rifles cartridges will be allowed on the Indoor Range or the Outdoor Pistol Range, Trap, or Skeet Ranges.
- Be aware of any activity on the other ranges.
- Pick up your brass and clean up after you use a range. If you can’t clean up after yourself then don’t use the ranges.
- If you turn on any power or lights, turn it off after you are done using it.
- Chairpersons will be responsible for scheduling organized activities and providing a range officer for such activities.
- The WHOLE range or certain ranges may be closed during club matches, tournaments, Sight-In-Days, Special events, and Work Days.
- If a member wants to sight in a rifle during Sight-In-Days they MUST pay the fee.
- 600 yard range is accessed through lower gate. Leave gate open when using it so others know it’s in use. Range can be used anytime trap and skeet fields are not being used.
- If a Range Officer is not provided, any member present may act as range officer.
- Range Officers, whether appointed by the Chair-person or self-appointed: They will be responsible for enforcing all the Range Rules and Regulations, and Fees.
- Members are NOT permitted to ever give out the gate combination to any non-members.
- Check Club house or Web page for events or range closure and any updates. Events are scheduled through BOD.
- Violations of any of the Range Rules and Regulations can result in disciplinary actions up to and including revocation of membership. Non-members can face civil liabilities and/or criminal charges.
Club Meetings Every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
Annual Club Meeting 3rd Tuesday of February 6:00 p.m.
Remember It’s your Club Too! Get Involved!
Please download the pdf of the Membership Application and submit it to the Association for review to become a member. For an escorted review of the ranges, including operation of air exchange and heating equipment of the indoor pistol range, contact Rick Odom at 970-964-7952.
President: Steve Bathje
Vice President: Jim Houck
Secretary: Nicole Schultheis
Treasurer: Don Simillion